Font Size A A A


What personal information do you require?
To sign up to the West Yorkshire Community Alert system, you are required to complete a registration form online which will help us to target our information to you.

Will you share my details with other agencies?
During the registration process and in your 'administration' area you will have the opportunity to review and select additional licensed information providers who will, if authorised by you, be able to see your data and send you messages. Although all the information providers listed may not be actively using the system at this time, you will be notified as they come on board. You can remove any information provider at any time.

Will you send me spam?
No, the only communication we will have with you will be via the West Yorkshire Community Alert email and occasional consultation via email.

Can I cancel my subscription?
You can opt out of the entire system or update your settings to configure the types of messages that you want to receive and remove the ones you don't want. Emails from the West Yorkshire Community Alert system have a link at the bottom to ‘change settings'; simply click on this link to review your settings and update them.

Why do you ask for my telephone and mobile number?
The West Yorkshire Community Alert system allows us to send messages via telephone and text services, however, we will only be communicating regularly with you via email, so it is important you include an email address. On very rare occasions, when we need to get information out to you in an emergency, we may use the telephone and text services. If you don't include an email address, you will not receive any messages from us.

How will I know emails are from West Yorkshire Police?
All West Yorkshire Community Alert messages are sent within the secure Neighbourhood Alert system and are clearly branded as being from West Yorkshire Police.

Can I reply to the email?
Yes, we welcome your comments and thoughts. Clicking on the ‘reply' link within the a message will send your reply to the person that sent the message and your local policing team.

Do you read the emails?
Yes, your local policing team will receive and read all of your emails. Please be aware that sometimes we will not reply if it is simply information you want to pass to us for our attention. Even if you do not hear from us directly then please be assured that everything you send us will be actioned or reviewed.

Do others see my email address?
No, other subscribers will not see any of your details.

Can I forward or print out West Yorkshire Community Alert messages and share it with friends, or is it confidential?
Most of these emails are not confidential and we welcome you to introduce others to the scheme. We do advise that you remove any personal details you do not wish to share, such as email addresses. Friends and family can sign up to West Yorkshire Community Alert by visiting

Can I change my contact details if I move house or email provider?
Yes, use the links at the bottom of the West Yorkshire Community Alert email, or visit your account details on the West Yorkshire Community Alert website.

Does West Yorkshire Community Alert cost me anything?
No, West Yorkshire Community Alert subscription is free, no other charges or fees will be incurred.

Is this to replace Neighbourhood Watch?
No, this will not be replacing any Neighbourhood Watch schemes. We hope it will complement existing schemes and initiatives. West Yorkshire Community Alert is linked to the national Neighbourhood Watch 'Our Watch' system and will improve the way in which police and Watch schemes are able to communicate with and support each other.

Can I report crime by email?
No, this scheme is not intended to receive information about crimes, you can report crimes by calling 101. In an emergency always dial 999.

Can I use West Yorkshire Community Alert in an emergency?
No, in an emergency you should always dial 999. An emergency is when there is a risk of serious injury, there is risk of serious damage to property, you suspect a crime is in progress or there is a serious incident which needs immediate police attendance. For non-urgent matters call 101.

Does this replace telephone calls?
No, if you need to speak to West Yorkshire Police, please contact us on 101. In an emergency always dial 999.

Buy SSL Certificate